As Frederick Percy Eary, he was born at Sudbury, Suffolk on 16 July 1888, son of Albert Henry Eary (11 November 1862-1941), mat weaver, and his wife Hannah (6 July 1860-1939), who married at Sudbury in 1883 and in 1939 were living at 5 Acton Square, Sudbury.
In 1891, a 2 year old living with his parents at Railway Cottages, Station Road, Sudbury, but by 1911, as Fred Percy Eary, a 22 year old architect’s assistant, living at The Fennels, Suffolk Road, Sudbury with his parents, 47 year old Albert and 48 year old Annie, and his 14 year old sister Florence Anne. Known as Paul Earee, an artist who was a professionally trained as an ecclesiastical architect, art teacher and illustrator, using his spare time in painting, etchings and drawing with strong regional content.
As an architect he designed many buildings and interiors in Sudbury including the pulpit of St Gregory’s church, a petrol store for Dixon, Scott (1913), two houses in Gainsborough Road for C. E. Dennington (1913), Sudbury Union Hospital additions (1914) and the re-seating of Gainsborough Theatre (1914).
In 1920 a founder of the Sudbury Dramatic Society and a member of Ipswich Art Club 1938-1945 and a friend of artists Rowland Suddaby (1912-1972) [q.v.] and John Rimmer (1888-1968)[q.v.] and he collaborated with H. A. F. Haslewood to paint scenery for the local production of ‘Brer Rabbit and Mr. Fox’ at the Victoria Hall, Sudbury in 1921. There was a retrospective exhibition ‘Landscapes and Dreams’ at The Quay Theatre in 1983 and at Chappel Galleries, Essex in 1996.
He married at Sudbury in 1913, Ivy Florence Elliston (10 February 1890-1988) and in 1939, an architect living at Hill Side, Newton Road, Sudbury with his wife Ivy, a daughter Joan Florence Earee [Ascott q.v.] and an art student (Arthur) John Bridgeman [q.v.]. As Frederick Percy Earee, he died at 2 Hillside Cottages, Chilton, Sudbury on 6 March 1968, aged 79.